Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 18, 2013

A Very Special Wedding

Very recently a friend on Face Book announced that she had just heard the saddest news possible. She said nothing more. I commented by saying that I was sorry about her news. A few days later she messaged me that her longest and best friend had just been diagnosed with a brain tumour and only had a few months to live. A few more days passed and she messaged me again telling me that it was someone who went to my high school. I was shocked.

It seems that although she has only been given a few months, she is surprisingly alert and full of life. The tumour was just discovered at the end of December when her legs gave out from under her.  Recently her Dr. said that as she is in such good spirits, they'd like to start chemo and radiation therapy. It could add up to a year onto her life. She agreed, and will start her therapies soon, 5 days a week for 6 weeks. She will stop if it becomes too much for her.

Shortly after hearing the news, she got down on one knee and proposed to her partner of many years, the father of her children.  He accepted, and through the goodness of people she is getting married on Thursday, February 21.  Her chemo will start almost immediately after the wedding.  She is one amazing woman.

I sent her a dozen thank you cards, that she can send to all those who are sending flowers and get well gifts.

I also made this wedding card. I found the idea online and love how it turned out.



No comments: