Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Family Day

In Ontario, Canada the 3rd Monday of February is Family Day. This is a relatively new holiday (2008), mainly, I think, because we need a holiday in the dreariest month of the year! There are a few other provinces that celebrate it, as well as a few other countries.

Other than my son, all my family live in England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Ireland.  My son is busy at school, so this year I was my only family around. I decided to do what makes me happy and made some cards for family and friends.

I had gone to my favourite store, Home Sense/Winners and found a few paper craft bargains that I snapped up.  One of which was this stamp set.
There were 3 sets in the package, I didn't check them out, because it was a deal at $4.99, and I loved the bicycle. When I got home I saw that there were 2 of the same "Hello There" sets, so I am planning on a giveaway in exchange for more traffic to this blog.  Stay tuned!

After my trip to Home Sense, I went to another favourite store, Deserres. It is an art store, and I was given a bunch of gift cards, when I left my previous school at the end of July.  There I found 2 more stamp sets that took my fancy, and snapped them up quickly.

I have only used one set so far, but love these stamps.


For my friend in England who is about to get chemo


Another one for my friend about to have cancer treatment.
Adorable, right?
Here are a few others that I worked on this weekend:
I've had this embossing folder forever. My son bought it for me, this is the 2nd card I've used it for.

Found this idea on Pinterest, but mine is better! (of course)

I bought this die at Home Sense for $3, but I'm not in love with it.

Thinking about Spring!

I think this is the card I'm sending to a friend for her upcoming anniversary.
 

Don't forget to stay tuned for the giveaway coming soon!


1 comment:

Ina G said...

Wow Mary I didn't realize you had a blog until you left me a lovely compliment on my b&w card. You have some gorgeous creations here and will have to keep checking back to see what you are up to. Ina.