Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

I had a lovely day on Thursday when we celebrated Valentine's Day with the kindergarten kids. It was a PD day for parent/teacher interviews on Friday so we had to share on Thursday.

We had an assembly that included some singing, some information on famous black Canadians, and some dancing. We also had Crazy Hat day. What a shame there are no photos of mine... NOT!

I made those dear little owls for the children, and some of the parents that let their kids look at their Valentine boxes, (tissue boxes with tissue paper and hearts), came to me to let me know they loved them.
The children did a few Valentine activities, which was good because it was an indoor recess due to the wind chill factor being -32*c brrrrr. I handed out my little treat boxes to the staff, with chocolate inside. The free cutting file for them is here. Thanks SVG cuts.
My favourite card that I received from the kids was this one, (I know we aren't supposed to have favourtes, but those ugly dollar store Disney ones are nasty!)
Handmade, just for me. LOVE IT!

And now here is the card I made for my son, since he is the love of my life, always.
I used the Cuttlebug Script embossing folder on the dark purple cardstock, 3 other purples for the banners, and the Lovey Dovey stamp from Stampin`Ups A Little Somethin` and 3 little purple jewels.

I LOVE the way it turned out. I bought him a red mug and a chocolate cake as well.

Happy Valentine`s Day Everyone


No comments: