Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 04, 2014

National Card Making Day

I knew I wanted to get some cards made today as it is Card Making Day, so I checked out my Pinterest to see what I had pinned to make at a later date. I also had decided I would be making Christmas cards as it's only 89 days away!!!

The first thing I did was to cut out a card base. I had just bought a pack of white card stock, so I decided it would be white. My son fished out 2 packs of white envelopes from the recycling next to the mailboxes in my building. Twenty five envelopes in each pack. Score! So I decided to use them. I thought I would just fold the cardstock in half, 8.5" x 5.5" in size, but it turned out the cards had to be cut to 5" x 7", so it was a bit of extra cutting.

Here is the first set of 6 that I did.
I thought it would be quick and easy, but I made tying those bows a lot harder than I should have. Then I decided to make 6 different cards, So these 6 cards took me 3 hours! Can you believe it? Three hours.

Then I went off to my meditation class and when I got back at 3 pm I had something to eat and drink. Can I tell you about my drink?

The most yummiest thing ever. I found this lemonade at Winners for $3.99, but it was pear flavour. It's made in France, and is labeled 'Gluten Free'. It is the most amazing sparkling lemonade ever. I have also tried their orange flavour and another one that I forget, because I left it at Maria's pirate party. I can't wait to taste the plain lemonade that is chilling in the fridge. Oh, and the bottles are reusable too!
Only about half a glass left in there!
So I got busy again with making cards. I saw this very simple one, that required next to no time at all. Red, white, black and silver cardstock, a few black jewels and a stamp.
Love, love, love these!
Finally I decided it was time to change it up. I subscribe to Freshly Made Sketches, and they often have fun and interesting idea, and I decided to use one I saw a couple of days ago. This one is definitely out of the ordinary.
So here is the one I made, not only changing up the style, but the colour scheme too.
I like that it is clean, and can be used for those who don't celebrate Christmas.

It's only 7 pm here in Toronto, so I'm not done yet. Perhaps I'll be back later tonight, but more likely tomorrow.

Happy Card Making my friends.

No comments: