Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Gardening Celebration Space

I wanted to do a Mother's Day celebration space, but it was only for a day. The work to shop my home, design the space with what I have found, and make it aesthetically pleasing is too much for just a day display. 

In the end I decided to put together a gardening theme. My mother was an avid gardener and had a beautiful flower garden in the back of her house. So this was my tribute to my mum, who passed away in 2004, ten years ago.

I didn't think I had a lot for this space, but as it turned out I did. I made a trip to Dollarama and found a wire fence, and fake grass, as well as some silk flowers and windmills. I had the flower pots, the watering can, the trowel and gloves, and I had that adorable bird, that I have used countless times, that was a Christmas gift from one of my kids at school.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I think my mum would enjoy it, too.
Scrapbook layout of Mum's flowers

No comments: