Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My first class ever!

Today I tried out a class at Bizzy B.  It was Glazed Metal Effects by Jenn Starr.  The day started out well with getting my choice of colour on the canvas, but then I had to emboss so much tin that my hands and shoulders hurt!!
After a very long time I finished and began inking up a storm.  Unfortunately I felt as though I had no idea what I was doing, but in the end it all turned out.  No one finished the project, so I didn't feel too bad.  Later, at home in the evening, I decided to see if I could get one canvas done.  I didn't like the colours I chose on my metal, so I used some alcohol inks and they turned out wonderful.
Here are the finished products, however, the blue one feels unfinished, so hopefully I will figure that out soon.
Enjoy.
 This one is Jenn Starr's creations.

 This is my first one, it says Dream.
The blue on says Live and Love.

The blue one feels a little disconnected somehow.
Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Rae said...

I must say these projects turned out pretty darn fantastic!