Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Altered Cork Mats

So I was at the Dollar store today and saw these coasters made of cork.  I picked up the one that had the scallops.  I thought it might make a good mini album.


















There were 6 coasters in the pack, and they were fairly sturdy.













 I sorted through some very old pictures and chose some that show kids from my home daycare that I ran for a few years.













Then I cut them out with my Cricut.













 I looked in my school scrap supplies and came up with a few embellishment and papers.

















I traced around the cork shape and then cut it out with scissors.  I am envious of those who know how to use an exacto knife to cut things out, I tried and messed it up!













And then I used Zip Glue to put it all together.  I used up some of my stash, which is always good, and I got some very old (1982) pictures scrapped.










1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oooh these look fab!! :D